I've been wondering if it might be nice to come up
with some form of standard way of formatting
information on the wiki.

It is distracting, and can be confusing.  I think the
wiki will become more useful if the information on it
is conveyed in an expected way.  Now is a great time
to define this, since there isn't a large amount of
information in the wiki.

For example, on many pages a main header is given
which titles the page, in most cases it is simply the
name of the link.  I think this is a good idea, it
gives the reader context of what they are reading, and
looks nice.  However, other pages don't have a header
at all and simply display text.  When switching
between these two formats it makes the wiki seem
disorganized and inconsistent.

In addition, some pages have trace-links(which track
where the user has come from), embedded in the page
(not  the automatic trace built into docuwiki).  I
also think this is a good idea.  It gives the wiki
some structure, which can really help in finding
information.  In my opinion it is very helpful to have
a point of reference to determine what information I
have already looked at, and what other areas I should
look at.  Putting these in all pages would help create
a pseudo structure and would allow for easy
navigation.  In any event, I think these links should
be kept consistent, it is annoying to get used to it
and then come to a page that does not have the
feature.  What do you guys think of putting these
links in all pages?  Take a look at the very top of
the character creation howto or the crossfire server
pages in the documentation repository for an example.

I don't mind implementing these changes myself.  What
do you think?

     http://farechase.yahoo.com