Dan Crayne wrote:

      I've been wondering if it might be nice to come up

      with some form of standard way of formatting

      information on the wiki.

The wiki supports some sort of templating.  However, implementation of
these templates has not been easy.  I'm finding that if things do not
work according to their guide (and assuming their guide is up to date..)
you are pretty much on your own.

      It is distracting, and can be confusing.  I think the

      wiki will become more useful if the information on it

      is conveyed in an expected way.  Now is a great time

      to define this, since there isn't a large amount of

      information in the wiki.

I agree, a consistent layout or template is desirable.

      For example, on many pages a main header is given

      which titles the page, in most cases it is simply the

      name of the link.  I think this is a good idea, it

      gives the reader context of what they are reading, and

      looks nice.  However, other pages don't have a header

      at all and simply display text.  When switching

      between these two formats it makes the wiki seem

      disorganized and inconsistent.

Agree.

      In addition, some pages have trace-links(which track

      where the user has come from), embedded in the page

      (not  the automatic trace built into docuwiki).  I

      also think this is a good idea.  It gives the wiki

      some structure, which can really help in finding

      information.

I agree, thos are very helpful and useful.

      I don't mind implementing these changes myself.  What

      do you think?

I think the linking that you describe should be as automated or as
automatic as possible; otherwise someone will have to update individual
pages one at a time going forward - too much work and effort IMO.

Let me take another stab at the template feature.. it shouldn't be this
difficult! ;-)