[CF-Devel] AC? WC?

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Fri Dec 1 14:55:07 CST 2000

I don't think one should gain benefits from any type of shield (even a
buckler) when wielding a bow.  My reasoning is: How can a person
effectively move that arm to block any attack - the arm is tied up pulling
the bow string.

Bucklers should still remain in the game because they are light (when it
comes to weight) and therefore usable by mages and other spell casters
with a smaller chance to miscast spells.

If no shields are allowed when wielding a bow, then there would be no need
to change bow firing speed, correct?

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

<snip>

      I assume everyone is happy with the required hands etc stuff? For the bow

      you are sort of right, with shields like bucklers, you can fire (although

      I suppose it should be slower). But you are correct for large shields you

      would not be able to wear it and fire, is this what I should do? Perhaps I

      should just make a severe speed of bow firing penalty (Like armour gives

      for Magic) or even use the same code for bows.