[CF-Devel] Bows and shields

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Fri Dec 1 19:20:56 CST 2000

You bring up some excellent points.

Does anyone out there use bows or crossbows consistently? Or, does
everyone agree with Peter's comment below?

Does anyone have suggestions for making the use of bows or crossbows more
appealing?

Maybe something along the line of arrows that have a spell effect when
they hit a target.  I know there are such things as Arrows of Flame, but
that is only an additional attack type (correct?)  What if, the arrows
would explode into a very small fireball when they hit a target?  Imagine,
shooting those arrows with Bow of Accuracy and seeing arrows fly around
the corner and hit their target.

Well, just a thought...