[CF-Devel] Re: Sorry

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sun Dec 10 16:09:07 CST 2000

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:15:19AM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Actually, i like the level-difference-matters system on awarding

      experience.  We could conceivably remove the "cap" on player level and

      experience and let the level-exp-diff system put a natural cap on it

      for us.

The dependance on player level would still be there.  But there is no
need to include the monster's level in the formula.  Just give high
level monsters much experience.  The monster's level is already used
for many things like the level at which the monster casts spells, or
how good it is protected against death attacks.

      I think the real problem here is that experience awards for various

      monsters is just off, as are their levels.

The experience awards are way off because of the levels, but reducing
the level breaks other things.

      I think a difficult trap disarm is a feature rather than a bug.

That's true, but trap_disarm() already uses its own formula for
calculating the experience.  Making the experience for killing a
monster independent of monster's level doesn't affect this.

--
Jan