[CF-Devel] Re: Sorry

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sun Dec 10 16:17:03 CST 2000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:38:47PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

       That is easy enough to change - should that also be changed for more than just

      combat?  I sort of think perhaps it should - I know a low level character lucky

      enough to disarm a difficult trap can gets tons of experience.

There's a general limit for gaining experience:  At most half a level
per add_exp() call.  In my opinion, this is still too high.  I think it
could be reduced to 1/5 or 1/10 of a level.  But this alone doesn't
help against very high level monsters.  A player would still get the
maximum experience gain independant of his own level.  He would just
need to kill the monster 5 or 10 times instead of 2 times to advance
one level.

--
Jan