[CF-Devel] Re: Sorry

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Dec 10 22:36:10 CST 2000

      On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:38:47PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      There's a general limit for gaining experience:  At most half a level

      per add_exp() call.  In my opinion, this is still too high.  I think it

      could be reduced to 1/5 or 1/10 of a level.  But this alone doesn't

      help against very high level monsters.  A player would still get the

      maximum experience gain independant of his own level.  He would just

      need to kill the monster 5 or 10 times instead of 2 times to advance

      one level.

I don't have any large problem with any of the other proposed changes
to the experience system.  I do have a problem with this.

If some player comes up with a clever way to kill a monster and go
up 1/2 a level in one go, I think it is great.  If it doesn't require
much cleverness, then the monster was worth too much.

But 1/2 level monsters are pretty rare and usually at the end of quests,
anyway:  a nice reward for doing the quest.

PeterM