[CF-Devel] Re: Info for Gods.

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 18 22:28:40 CST 2000

      > Also instead of all books, we could give the story to one of the priesty

      > type people who are usually just inside the temple. If we make a trigger

      > that you have to walk over that makes the priest ask the player to come

      > and talk about the god etc etc. We could instead make the player have to

      > find out about the god, more than just read it. [...]

      Yeah, stuff the priest with interactive info about the god. That's much

      nicer

      than just a book. For the complete newbies (maybe not able to communicate

      with npcs properly) I would put a magic mouth at the temple-entrance. Sth

      like: "This is the temple of Sorig, the diety of storm and lightning,

      god of the skies."

I'd rather read a book.  Having to coax info out of a priest by
repeating successive keywords seems like pure hoop-jumping to me.

PeterM