[CF-Devel] Re: Info for Gods.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon Dec 18 22:36:50 CST 2000

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      I'd rather read a book.  Having to coax info out of a priest by

      repeating successive keywords seems like pure hoop-jumping to me.

 I was thinking something similar.  While talking should be used more in the
game, the fact remains that the communication with NPC's basically suck, because
you need to figure out what keyword they need to continue conversation.  I think
this is one of those things for the 2.0 release.

 However, if a book is done, you should make sure it is level 0 so anyone can
read it.  Otherwise, classes that don't start with literacy are basically
screwed.

 In reality, this info is largely relevant for new comers.  Experienced players
will likely know about the different gods and go in and choose whatever one they
want without having to converse or read books.  So whatever we do, it should be
very easy for first time players to get the information, and unfortunately,
conversing with NPC's is not very easy.