[CF-Devel] Re: Info for Gods.

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Dec 19 07:00:16 CST 2000

Mark W.wrote:

      Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > I'd rather read a book.  Having to coax info out of a priest by

      > repeating successive keywords seems like pure hoop-jumping to me.

      I was thinking something similar.  While talking should be used more

      in the game, the fact remains that the communication with NPC's basically

      suck, because you need to figure out what keyword they need to continue

      conversation.  I think this is one of those things for the 2.0 release.

Call them suckers, I still prefer NPCs over books in most cases.
A serious quest without NPCs doesn't seem right to me. Just imagine
pupland with books lying around in the cities and tavers... books
instead of NPCs.

What we really need to do is highliting the NPC's keywords as they
appear in his speech. Make them bold or underlined, so that the player
knows how to continue the conversation. And if a certain keyword is
supposed to be "secret", the NPC simply doesn't mention it before -
the latter is already the case in all maps that I can recall.

About the gods' temples: I don't really care too much weither you write
the descriptions in a book or an NPC for now. Do whatever pleases
the majority.

Andreas V.