[CF-Devel] gods status

David Hurst dhurst at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 23:34:41 CST 2000

     Despite your update on the topic, DB, I'm still not too clear

     on the status of the Gods patch.

     Subproject              Who             Status

     1)  Spells              PeterM          95% done, requires final tuning,

                                             conflict spell, blinding cone

I am pleased with the current levels of balance. The only gods I see are
still lagging are... devourers for LATER levels. Ruggilli (although we can
make immolation get fairly powerful), I feel we need something greater
still.. I suppose Holy Rage is one, but I think perhaps giving out Holy
Fiend? or Holy Golem (;)) guess which graphic ;))

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/special/fireborn/fireborn.ani.gif

     ). I
dun know, pete you are the best at such things =).

     2)  coding to hand out

         items and spells    ??              ??

         in a god-specific

         manner

Well I just sent off a message to Jan. This is currently in Jans ball park,
I can't do anything until he has released the new interevention stuff. All I
have done is prepare what items are to be handed out. I could probably
actually make the arch files now, but RIGHT now I have little time, in two
weeks I wont have a job and I will be home alone with a brand new fast
computer with plenty of time... hopefully ;)

     3)  set up to hand out  ??              ??

         items and spells

         (i.e., arches)

Once again Jan's area. I really need to talk to Jan on irc to settle a few
questions I have...

     4)  Descriptions in     dnh             (just accepted)

         temples

Well I can start this.. I really feel the magic mouth at the door, plus
talking to the priest is the best way. It would both teach newbies to
communicate with NPCs plus it gives alot more interaction than a book =). I
welcome further discussion here.

     So we could be anywhere from 1/2 done to ready to initiate and

     start polishing the new system.

Ohh I'd say we are over 1/2 way. I know what I need to be added, Jan I
believe has written the patch and you have almost completely done the
spells. Expect plenty of questions regarding the Info gods stuff in irc ;).
I would invite people to help create a story as it is a groupish type thing
more than a one person thing. If I were to create it all, no one would be
happy except me. =). I also thought of giving out colours or shades to gods,
ie devourers of black, Gaea of white, Gnarg of grey.

     Where are we?

I would suggest 65% maybe more. I think perhaps we should fiddle the avatars
abit.

The two spells you haven't done I am not particualarly worried about yet, I
am still not 100% on a blinding cone and was really more waiting to see what
it was like before we decide on something like that. Perhaps sunspear could
goto valriel early on? and the Solar Flare or something for later on?
although this is starting to sound like valriel is god of the light? could
we do that? Valriel, healer protector, god of the light, bringer of vision?

Obviously there are still "issues" regarding conflict. I am happy to see it
go in, but it will be very tricky to handle. With that in mind though, it
will defn bring Lythander up to pace. Perhaps a spell for >40 or something?

This really is the issue, the spells really start to dry up after 20, for
devourers the disease ebola should make life alittle blacker, but certainly
on average alot of gods run out (Mostrai's big spell is wall of thorns,
pretty pathetic now.)

Anyway, this is for irc.

dnh