[CF-Devel] Thanks Rick

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Tue Dec 19 20:09:30 CST 2000

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, David Hurst wrote:

      I suggest using your current webpage layouy for the news.. ie have

      semitables which have the standard green header containing the title, then

      in a black box, the actual content. Personally I don't like scrolling

      applets etc. Simple is better for this  IMHO =). I also note there is a

      webboard at viksten? I have met Olle on occasions.. I wonder if he is still

      around. Anyway, if we could try and better maintain that board, and put a

      link DIRECTLY to it.. that might be abit better.

When Olle Viksten first announced that he had the  Crossfire board setup,
it did get used quite a bit.  But now, I think the traffic has tapered off
because the mailing lists are getting better responses now.

      About updating your map spoilers.. be very thankful you didn't write any for

      pupland =). Most of the changes AV has been making are either pupland

      related, or simply touching up.. not really changing the general map so that

      shouldn't be to bad. =|. Also repeat peterm's question, do you want any

      help? we could probably send you the exact changes we make directly to you

      or something? ie if peterm were to add a new spell.. he would send a message

      with what is basically is? just a thought.

Maybe if some of the checkins could be "dummed" down a bit so I just have
to do a cut & paste.  For instance there was an update to the Masumune
weapon
(

     http://lists.sourceforge.net/archives//crossfire-cvs/2000-December/000310.html

     )

I think I understand most of what is shown (+2 Con, +1 Wis, Damage 25,
resist drain 100%, resist ghosthit 100%, resist depleton 30%) but the
spoiler page lists the speed of the weapon.  How do I figure that out?

As far as any further help, map summaries are always nice, so is proof
reading for accuracy in areas like the FAQ or Crossfire Handbook.

Also, thank you for the Thank You ;)