[CF-Devel] Thanks Rick

David Hurst dhurst at it.swin.edu.au
Tue Dec 19 20:24:21 CST 2000

      I suggest using your current webpage layouy for the news.. ie have

      semitables which have the standard green header containing the title, then

      in a black box, the actual content. Personally I don't like scrolling

      applets etc. Simple is better for this  IMHO =). I also note there is a

      webboard at viksten? I have met Olle on occasions.. I wonder if he is

     still

      around. Anyway, if we could try and better maintain that board, and put a

      link DIRECTLY to it.. that might be abit better.

When Olle Viksten first announced that he had the  Crossfire board setup,
it did get used quite a bit.  But now, I think the traffic has tapered off
because the mailing lists are getting better responses now.

Okay, well.. do we keep this as the board?

      About updating your map spoilers.. be very thankful you didn't write any

     for

      pupland =). Most of the changes AV has been making are either pupland

      related, or simply touching up.. not really changing the general map so

     that

      shouldn't be to bad. =|. Also repeat peterm's question, do you want any

      help? we could probably send you the exact changes we make directly to you

      or something? ie if peterm were to add a new spell.. he would send a

     message

      with what is basically is? just a thought.

"
Maybe if some of the checkins could be "dummed" down a bit so I just have
to do a cut & paste.  For instance there was an update to the Masumune
weapon
(

     http://lists.sourceforge.net/archives//crossfire-cvs/2000-December/000310.h

tml)

I think I understand most of what is shown (+2 Con, +1 Wis, Damage 25,
resist drain 100%, resist ghosthit 100%, resist depleton 30%) but the
spoiler page lists the speed of the weapon.  How do I figure that out?
"

Ahhh yes. Well that information is in the arch file =). Have you got CVS of
the arch there?
Simply vim it and scroll down for speed. That value is the speed AFAIK.
Actually you could just grab the archs, then delete all the graphics and
change the archs to txts. Then you could just directly link through netscape
to each one, making simple reading (although archs are generally very long,
most items are quite short in comparison).

"
As far as any further help, map summaries are always nice, so is proof
reading for accuracy in areas like the FAQ or Crossfire Handbook.

Also, thank you for the Thank You ;)
"

mmm, well I suppose it would be easier if you did it as it came in.. instead
of doing it all in one go =|. Do we want to start a system of keeping Rick
up-to-date? Rick's work is absolutely excellent, but it must be a nightmare
trying to keep up with us at out current pace =|.

dnh