[CF-Devel] new initial map (-> HallOfSelection)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Dec 20 14:59:14 CST 2000

I wanted to clean up the character creation process,
so I wrote a patch to change the initial map from "/city/city"
(scorn) to "/HallOfSelection", as it was originally intended.
Of course I also took care about updating the players death-
respawn position after walking through one of the player_changers
(-> class change). And I modified the HallOfSelection a bit.
This I have tested, and since it worked fine I put it on CVS.

So far so good. What still bothers me a little is the fact
that Peter M. has tried to do the exact thing some time ago,
and he had to face very big troubles instantly (memory violation:
a map cut into half?!).

Fortunately Peter's problems did not show up with my patch, but
there was still a little weirdness that I want to mention:
There was an old map-bug in "/city/kar/drink" - startx, starty
was missing although needed (must point to 1,1).
Don't ask me why but this bug did not cause bad effect before
my patch it seems. I fixed it now of course, and I hope it's
the only bug of it's kind.

Still, if anyone can think of possible explanations for this and
that, please lemme know.

Andreas V.