[CF-Devel] map-bugs fixed :-)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Dec 21 03:28:25 CST 2000

      So the new map patch seems to be triggering some OLD bugs

      in crossfire. I've looked at AV's code, and I do not believe he's

      done anything wrong.

      [...]

      So I challenge the crossfire developers:

      1)  WHY IS AV'S PATCH TRIGGERING THIS WEIRD BEHAVIOR?

      2)  WHAT CAUSES THE INTERMITTENT MAP BUG WE SEE?

Think I figured out the answer:

hp, sp in map.arc obviously work as default values for startx, starty
in all maps. I set these to 5,7 and that caused the "old map-bugs"
to show up. Now I set it back to 1,1 and everything's doing fine again.
My new HallOfSelection does also still work as before.

Andreas V.