[CF List] Spell-casting occasionally "stutters" in 0.95.6

Frank McKenney frank_mckenney at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 2 16:53:28 CDT 2000

Occasionally when I invoke (fire) a spell Crossfire apparently decides
to re-invoke it on its own.  For example, in the Hall of Bones (Ruins of
Euthville), I will hold down the Left-Shift key and press "northeast"
(keypad 9) once briefly to fire one Holy Orb.  For the most part this
works as expected, but every so often I'll notice that my Grace drops as
if I had issued two or three of these.

I have noticed this most frequently in areas of heavy animation (e.g the
Hall of Bones), and my first assumption was that somehow I was
triggering a key autorepeat or something similar.  The trouble with this
assumption is that _only_ spells get "stuttered".  Movement and other
keystrokes do not appear to suffer the same problem.

Has anyone else noticed this effect?

Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates
Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887
E-mail: