[CF List] Server crashes during Dragon Quest (CVS 07/21)

Frank McKenney frank_mckenney at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 24 20:28:44 CDT 2000

Server:     CVS 07/21/00 snapshot
            Intel x86 PC, 486DX4-100, 32 Mb RAM, SuSE Linux 6.4
Client:     CVS 07/21/00 snapshot (X11 client)
            (same machine)

I have had my server die twice now at level three on the Dragon Quest.
Both times the server logged a "Trying to remove removed object."
message (details below).

Following the first failure, I restarted the client and server and
wandered back down into the dungeon.  The server did not die this time,
but I was unable to go to level three:

  ----
  xsize 32 Ysize 23 wallstyle cave2 floorstyle stones2
  monsterstyle dragon decorstyle craters exitstyle sstair
  final_map /peterm/quests/dragonquest2
  dungeon_level 4 dungeon_depth 12
  orientation 1 origin_x 16 origin_y 9

  The /random/0000000000000026 is closed.
  ----

I left the server running and ignored it for a couple of days. This
evening when I tried again, the server crashed again.

Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing this?

Failure #1
----------
    --snip--
    Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1
    Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1
    Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1

    SIGSEGV received.
    Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted
    Cleaning up...
    Saving map /styles/floorstyles/outdoor_lush
    --snip--
    Saving map /styles/trapstyles/traps
    Trying to remove removed object.
    arch trap_blades