[CF List] Server crashes during Dragon Quest (CVS 07/21)

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Wed Jul 26 01:25:57 CDT 2000

Frank McKenney wrote:

      Failure #1

      ----------

          --snip--

          Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1

 That object does not appear to exist.  I think it should in fact be a
rough_wall_2_1_1 - I don't see rough_2_1_1 being used in any of the map files
(include the styles), so my initial guess would be that the random_map code is
improperly truncating the name.

 Since I see the SIGSEGV right after that, my guess is that the removing a
removed object is just an after effect.

 Looking at random_map/wall.c (around line 170), it does appear that the code
there does not deal with wall codes that may have an underscore in the name.

 I'm not familiar specifically what that function does.  I do note that all the
styles/wall files are a format of ..._0 (ie, rough_wall_0, gwall_0, etc), so it
would seem possible that maybe that fact could be used in truncating the wall
name.

 The other possibilities I could think of in that function is to check the next
character - if a number, presume that is the underscore we want to stop at, if
another letter, presume it is part of the arch basename.

 Peter - you probably know more about that section of code than I do.

 I don't know if the editor or any other functions may have similar assumptions
about the autojoining walls or not.  If so, either those need to be fixed or
perhaps we should rename rough_wall to be roughwall instead (I don't know how
many maps may be using the first form that would require updating)