[CF List] Server crashes during Dragon Quest (CVS 07/21)

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 26 22:50:13 CDT 2000

OK, so I can't repeat the crash anymore with the fix I put in in
place.  However, I don't think your crash was related to my recent
fix (in the CVS repository).

Can you tell me a little more about your behavior?  Are you casting
lots of spells, anything "interesting"?

In any case, your particular crashes seem to have to do with
runes/traps somehow.

PeterM

      Server:     CVS 07/21/00 snapshot

                  Intel x86 PC, 486DX4-100, 32 Mb RAM, SuSE Linux 6.4

      Client:     CVS 07/21/00 snapshot (X11 client)

                  (same machine)

      I have had my server die twice now at level three on the Dragon Quest.

      Both times the server logged a "Trying to remove removed object."

      message (details below).

      Following the first failure, I restarted the client and server and

      wandered back down into the dungeon.  The server did not die this time,

      but I was unable to go to level three:

        ----

        xsize 32 Ysize 23 wallstyle cave2 floorstyle stones2

        monsterstyle dragon decorstyle craters exitstyle sstair

        final_map /peterm/quests/dragonquest2

        dungeon_level 4 dungeon_depth 12

        orientation 1 origin_x 16 origin_y 9

        The /random/0000000000000026 is closed.

        ----

      I left the server running and ignored it for a couple of days. This

      evening when I tried again, the server crashed again.

      Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing this?

      Failure #1

      ----------

          --snip--

          Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1

          Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1

          Couldn't find archetype rough_2_1_1

          SIGSEGV received.

          Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted

          Cleaning up...

          Saving map /styles/floorstyles/outdoor_lush

          --snip--

          Saving map /styles/trapstyles/traps

          Trying to remove removed object.

          arch trap_blades