[CF List] Re: [CF:1385] Bug in 0.95.6: 'drop n whatever reports "Nothing to drop"

Frank McKenney frank_mckenney at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 28 19:08:53 CDT 2000

Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm taking the liberty of
replying to you via the new mailing list instead of the old.

      Frank McKenney wrote:

     --snip--

      > For example, if I have 23 silver coins, I enter:

      >     'drop 1 silver          and the system responds with

      >     Nothing to drop

     --snip--

       The above has been fixed in the CVS repository.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

      ...  IT is highly doubtful it

      originally worked when you first installed it.

Thinking back, most of my initial testing with 0.95.6 was done with the
0.95.5(?)  client.  That may be the "working" instance I recall.  (I'm
taking _much_ better notes now (;-)).

      ...  However, the mouse drop

      functionality (which is probably what most people use) has been working

      fine for

      quite a while, so maybe you used that.

No, I do recall using 'drop x whatever (I don't know of any way to do a
"partial" drop with the mouse, but then, I'm still pretty much a novice
at this).

How do things go from here, release-wise? That is, will there be a
"fixed" 0.95.6 release in the near future? Or will fixes simply be
rolled into the CVS tree and some future snapshot released as 0.95.7 or
something?

Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates
Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887
E-mail: