[CF-Devel] teleport/connection bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Fri Nov 3 01:15:28 CST 2000

Andreas Vogl wrote:
<snip>

      My theory about what happens is the following:

      The events get processed in the wrong order somehow. The player gets

      beamed away before the the process of activating button/lever/magic_ear

      and teleporter are fully finished. Then the push_button() function gets

      a null-pointer instead of the player object that it should get.

 Do any of these areas have multiple magic ears or other activation triggers?

 If that was the case, I would guess that the first matches, moves the player to
somewhere, and the processing continues and finds another, but we don't have a
good pointer to the player anymore.

 If someone can isolate this and make a small test map that reproduces the
problem, it makes tracking and fixing such a bug much easier.