[CF-Devel] "reflect spell/missile" is working too perfect now!

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Nov 10 22:55:01 CST 2000

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > Jan E. wrote:

      > > I suggest implementing the following protections/immunities:

      > >  arrows/thrown objects:  80%

      > >  spell missiles:         90%

      > >  bolt spells:           100%

      > >  finger of death:       100%

      > >  "smite" spells:         90%

      I'm a little concerned with arrows/thrown and spells objects....

      Right now, guards are practically immune to arrows and most spells

      because they can't be shot at them fast enough.

      I'm actually in favor of makign them abit vulnerable, as Jan proposes but this

      would change the game.  Any other comments?

 While I don't necessarily like the change the behaviour for monsters vs.
players, one thought would be to reduce the effectiveness only against players.

 I think one of the issues of reflection not working right before was that if
you ran on top of an object heading at you, you would get hit.  If you were
standing still, I think before you were pretty much invulnerable also, but how
often do you really stand still?

 I haven't looked at the new behaviour, but my guess is that now if you run on
top of a bullet heading towards you, you now reflect it vs detonating.