[CF-Devel] race/classes notes/thoughts.

Michael Toennies mtx93 at tzi.de
Sat Nov 18 04:31:22 CST 2000

      >  One thought I had would be to stock a portion of the shops

      with non random

      > merchandise.  Ie, the armor shop will always have a +2 shield

      and helmet (at

      > least when initially loaded), if your willing to pay for it.

      You could actua

      > set a stack of 10 items for that matter.  Maybe different shops

      should stock

      > different good items (so perhaps the shop in scorn is a shield

      shop so has go

      > shields all the time plus the usual random stuff, while the

      shop is santa

      > dominion is a good helmet shop, etc).  I just wasn't interested

      in doing town

      > hopping looking for something good in all the shops, but

      something like that

      > might add character.

      I like this idea.  In fact, I made a "basic spells shop" in scorn, which

      you may not have seen, which supplies basic attack spells:

      icestorm, burning hands, small/medium/large snowstorm/fireball and

      small/large lightning, and cause light/medium/serious/many wounds.

      All at about 3x their normal shop price, the price you pay for

      convenience.

      Put in your "good" but "non-artifact" items at a premium price so people

      can just exchange money for convenience.

I also like the idea for more different shops.
But it should be not accessible from start on.

I really like to be "a snob" in game, like we all :) . So, we should add
much more
things like the noble quests, room and quest who can you only enter when you
have done
something before.

Why not make shops only to enter when you have a special noble rank? Which
this, you
can make game play (you now have a reason to become noble) also you can
group the items, because
you can imagine a minumum level/hours in play a char have when he have noble
rank x.

Special in medium ranks about 8-15 you start to have some money and lake
some items.
For spellbooks for example, we have the book shop in detab.

Makeing some shops with a good item level can be very useful for game play,
because you
can fit you for the harder quests.

I personal played some times which character, who has the level but lake one
or two items
he needs for survive the next quest stages.

MichToen