[CF-Devel] bugfix: unique maps

Chris Lusena lusena at cs.uky.edu
Tue Nov 21 18:23:35 CST 2000

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 03:39:17AM +0100, Andreas Vogl wrote:

[snip]

      I´ve already written a bugfix for that problem. It does

      the following:

      Every time a player leaves a unique map, there´s a check

      if that map already exists in the player-dir. If not,

      the unique map will be saved instantly after the player left.

Ok, except just save the map if changed please. There is an old
cheat/do yourself in: 1) put items into your apartment,
                      2) wait until the apartment gets saved,
                      3) take items out of apartment,
                      4) save your self,
                      5) crash server.
                      6) Items still in apartment and on your person.
                      7) wash, rinse, repeat.

I have benefited and been bitten by this, I'd really like it to go away.

      I´m not sure weither this is really the most efficient

      way to do it, but at least it works fine. I have attached the

      diff file (server/main) for my bugfix, so if someone got

      better ideas please tell me.

      Andreas V.

--
Chris Lusena                       Office: 762 AH
Department of Computer Science     Phone: 859-257-3678

     lusena at cs.uky.edu

Lexington, KY 40506-0046 U.S.A.

     http://www.cs.uky.edu/~lusena