[CF-Devel] Accidents and neglected players

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Nov 21 23:56:24 CST 2000

Michael Toennies wrote:

      So we can avoid login problems, also if you get a call, simply speak a word

      or recall and

      leave the computer, you know you are safe there.

 That was the point of dropping the connection and saving the character.  If you
get drawn away, and die from outside force and are about to die again, just save
the character and drop the connection.  The player can re-connect with the
client.

 It may be more fair to do this when player food drops to zero and it does the
'you grab bite of food message'.  Otherwise, I could see a player that happens
to have a lot of food munching it all down, but that player having no way to get
back to his system in a reasonable amount of time.