[CF-Devel] Weapons from gods

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Oct 31 04:08:12 CST 2000

       You could also add something that checked the god of the weapon and the god

      the player when the player equips the weapon, and if the gods don't agree, yo

      can't equip it, and if the gods are opposite, you get some retribution.

That would make it much less fun to find some of the random artifacts
in the game, such as a Sword of Valriel.

       I personally don't really like the idea of startequip that much.  The main

      reason it is in place is so that a player can't start a bunch of characters,

      have them drop their equipment, kill them off, and take it and make some mone

      or otherwise have good stuff (for people that start with spellbooks or crysta

      this can be quite lucrative).

       IF there ends up being a problem with high level characters creating god

      weapons for their low level friends, you could also treat these god created

      weapons as being improved weapons and put in an appropriate minimum level.

I think it's a reasonable solution in this case.  And players DO hand off
god-enchanted items to other players.  The problem with setting the
weapon level higher is that the player himself might be then robbed
of the chance to further improve his prepared weapon.

       Another bitmask could be added if needed.  The randomitems idea seems like a

      better idea, as it is more flexible.

I think jec's way is good too.  Any volunteers to implement it?
I'd dearly love a way to assign specific prayers to specific religions
for balancing purposes, and also, for purposes of color.

PeterM