[CF-Devel] CF DX Snapshot

Michael Toennies mtx93 at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Tue Oct 31 12:04:31 CST 2000

Hi

      -----Original Message-----

      From: Chris Lusena [mailto:

      lusena at cs.uky.edu

      ]

      Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:38 PM

      To: Michael Toennies

      Subject: Re: [CF-Devel] CF DX Snapshot

      On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 02:27:21AM +0100, Michael Toennies wrote:

      > Hi

      > This is the first snapshot of the directx client.

      > Mapsize is 11x32 png. The gfx is 64 Hicolor, but most

      > of the pngs are 16 colors.

      Looks great, but you have some User interface problem I

      can see from here.

      The Big one is that you only have the Image of

      the item in inventory. That makes play the game

      a major pain. May items look alike eg. rings.

      from  the design lay out I think you could push it

      inventory window up to and then spread things out.

Hm, i don't know exactly what you mean. At the moment, i draw all
items with his faces, of course i will use the animations of it after
i go on with the interface.

i will give out some more information under the name if i can,
perhaps weight and value or so.

      It also looks like you copying the windows client

      which has a few problem like no/little keyboard inter-

      face or macros which is a major disadvantage to

      players using the windows client.

     Nope, i use the linux client as source base, i never see the windows client
source. One reason to write it was the poor key bindings of the windows
client,
i will make almost of the keyboard free for binding, except some defined key
for
the basic interface (like the keyboard num block for walking on the map and
the
cursor keys  for cursor moving in inventory.)

The basic parts of the client are the map, the inventory, the below char map
items,
the active&open container and the magic map window. I have some ideas you
can include
in the magic map window, we will see.

**** At all, we need more people drawing pngs in 24bit and draw the
backgrounds        ****
**** for the dx client. All gfx in there are frome me and i nothing more
than dummys!! ****
**** Give me a mail, if you want try some gfx, i have all backgrounds as
pngs dummys!! ****

Watch the next snapshot, there are some changes.

      Keep up the good work though.

i will.
Michael

      --Grey

      --

      Chris Lusena                       Office: 762 AH

      Department of Computer Science     Phone: 859-257-3678

      773 Anderson Hall                  Fax: 859-323-1971

      University of Kentucky             Email:

      lusena at cs.uky.edu

      Lexington, KY 40506-0046 U.S.A.

      http://www.cs.uky.edu/~lusena