[CF-Devel] RE: Suggested fun project for someone....

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 12 03:59:44 CDT 2000

      This example is a bit misleading. The weapon in question has actually 33

      improvements, which is clearly a bug. You shouldn't be able to add stat

Yeah, I thought you couldn't "improve" a weapon which already had
magic (e.g., +7) on it (such as Calamity or most other powerful
artifact weapons).  If you can, then clearly, some fixing is needed.

      Weapons should become 'of God' also when they get an ttack type from

      god, not only when they become slaying. Also I find personally

I agree, or at least, I agree that weapons should not be reconsecrated,
ever.  Once touched by a god, such a relic should be either destroyed
or unchanged by the touch of another.

      Calamity to be a bit too powerful a weapon to be achieved so easily.

      About everything You need is chainmail of winter and polished shield.

Er, I'd argue that the chainmail of winter is too powerful.  Immune cold?
:

     (  I didn't know about the artifact when I made the quest for Lord

     Spectres.  Permanent immunity to cold.  Ick, ack, bad.  We don't even
allow SPELLS of immunity.

As to the power of Calamity....  Maybe it IS a bit strong.  I didn't
think it was any worse than Demonslayer.  I could make it impossible
for players to use?  It's real purpose is to fulfil a quest.  I did
that with the Whisker.

PeterM

      Also You're at level 107 (max) in physique skill obviously, so there's

      not a lot to say about choice of weapons (I use gray unicorn horn to

      kill megadragons on that phys level). You get get to use one weapon

      improvement (over the 5 You can use at start) for every 5 phys levels.

      So in order to have all stats at 30 You most probably allready

      are at general level 110.

      --

      BSc. Pertti Karppinen <

      pjka at iki.fi

      >                   |'Bridge Players |

      Systems Designer, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland    |      Do        |

      http://www.iki.fi/~pjka/

       | Office  : +358 14 260 2088 |      It        |

      HAM: OH6KTR QTH: KP22UF  | Cellular: +358 40 564 0786 | on the Table'  |

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com