[CF-Devel] RE: Suggested fun project for someone....

Pertti Karppinen (OH6KTR) pjka at cc.jyu.fi
Tue Sep 12 08:53:47 CDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 01:59:44AM -0700, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Yeah, I thought you couldn't "improve" a weapon which already had

      magic (e.g., +7) on it (such as Calamity or most other powerful

      artifact weapons).  If you can, then clearly, some fixing is needed.

I think that a what is needed is that no weapon that has 'natural' stat
modifiers could be enhanced (expect by praying).

      > Weapons should become 'of God' also when they get an ttack type from

      > god, not only when they become slaying. Also I find personally

      I agree, or at least, I agree that weapons should not be reconsecrated,

      ever.  Once touched by a god, such a relic should be either destroyed

      or unchanged by the touch of another.

Yup, My thoughts exactly.

      > Calamity to be a bit too powerful a weapon to be achieved so easily.

      > About everything You need is chainmail of winter and polished shield.

      Er, I'd argue that the chainmail of winter is too powerful.  Immune cold?

      :(  I didn't know about the artifact when I made the quest for Lord

      Spectres.  Permanent immunity to cold.  Ick, ack, bad.  We don't even

      allow SPELLS of immunity.

      As to the power of Calamity....  Maybe it IS a bit strong.  I didn't

      think it was any worse than Demonslayer.  I could make it impossible

      for players to use?  It's real purpose is to fulfil a quest.  I did

      that with the Whisker.

Yup perhaps that would be nice. Whisker was funny :-)
To get the Demonslayer You have to do a little detective work to get the
passwords and so on, but to get Calamity You only need to stumble into the
right map and hack away.

Btw. does one become King of Scorn by killing the King and Queen?
That would be fun :-)
--
BSc. Pertti Karppinen <

     pjka at iki.fi

     >                   |'Bridge Players |
Systems Designer, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland    |      Do        |

     http://www.iki.fi/~pjka/

      | Office  : +358 14 260 2088 |      It        |
HAM: OH6KTR QTH: KP22UF  | Cellular: +358 40 564 0786 | on the Table'  |