[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-maps] Just some idle thoughts

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Apr 4 00:24:56 CDT 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:41:03PM +0200, Philipp Currlin wrote:

      > This reminds me -- somebody on metalforge (a semi-newbie) suggested that

      > we should have quests that reward exp for solving a puzzle or completing

      > the quest. For example, a quest might be to retrieve some stolen item, and

      > when the player gets the item (or safely reaches the map exit with the

      > item), he should get some exp for it.

      You're right, and this has been suggested before.

      If anyone wants to code this, I suggest an addition to the

      player changer, which is what adds a class to a player in the

      Hall of Selection.

      It should not be hard.

 Right - should not be hard to add exp.

 But what skill does the exp go to?  I can see this as much a problem as not
giving out exp.  If the player can control the category (through readied skill
or whatever), this may open up abuses.  IF this is hard coded to go to specific
categories, it proves mostly useless if the character isn't using that skill.

 I suppose you could give out the exp based on the current distribution in the
skill, so it goes mostly to what the player already has.