[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-maps] Just some idle thoughts

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 03:35:54 CDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      >  But what skill does the exp go to?  I can see this as much a problem as not

      > giving out exp.  If the player can control the category (through readied skil

      > or whatever), this may open up abuses.  IF this is hard coded to go to specif

      >ic

      > categories, it proves mostly useless if the character isn't using that skill.

      >  I suppose you could give out the exp based on the current distribution in th

      > skill, so it goes mostly to what the player already has.

      No, it should go into something map-maker specified.

      Like thief-experience for solving a big puzzle or something,

      priest experience for completing a holy quest....

      PeterM

Yeah that makes sense. Designated exp given for solving an entire mapset
from beginning to end would probably be a very good idea.

Also, Mark, when I was talking about theifs you said most of this type of
game (crossfire, rogue etc) are just hack and kill. The point I was
making, was that this particular player found the theif enjoyable because
it had skills other than that. It is for that reason that I was wondering
about how we might improve the crossfire experience, by making _such_
skills as theivery more powerful, or even more useful.

dnh

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com