[CF-Devel] server crash

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Thu Apr 5 12:50:29 CDT 2001

I've had two server crashes in the last week or so.  One was with a pet
monster when I went from the Scorn port to the Lake Country map.  The other
was upon entering a new random map (with no pets).  Neither of these is
easily recreated.

So since I can't provide useful debugging information right now, I was
wondering if there was a standard way of doing so?  Could we have a script
to run the server in a loop, only do it under gdb so that a crash produces
a stack trace?  Or maybe a script that upon a crash will run gdb in batch
mode on the core file to produce the stack trace?  We could even have it
set up to email someone with the crash report automatically, provided
someone wants to receive them.

--PC