[CF-Devel] case sensitive maps names

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun Apr 8 18:58:28 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      We should make map (and directory) names interpreted non-case-sensitive.

      That way we automatically prevent conflicts.

 interperting them in case insensitive gets trickier on the unix side (the
efficient way to do it would be to read the directory entries and see if we get
a match, but this certainly adds overhead)

 However, making sure there are no conflicts should be a given (ie, no two files
should match in name in a case insensitive matter) - in this way, the files can
be unpacked on a system with case insensitive names and not get anything
clobbered.

 For things like faces, treating them case insensitive would not be too hard, as
once the archs and relevant face files are generated, we never have to search
the directory again.