[CF-Devel] Hey, slow down a bit!

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:39:07 CDT 2001

     PS-Whats the policy for including new mapsets right now or within

     the stable releases? Mine should prolly be usable some time soon...

While I have no real say in the matter, it seems that it should be a
no-brainer to include more mapsets in the main distribution.  What should
be debated is when they're ready to be linked in to the standard maps.

For example, if I were to include my maps (which aren't ready by any
means), I would include:

   /preston/README
        A description of the maps, explanation that they're not linked in, and
        instructions on how to link them in.
   /preston/patch
        A patch file that will update one of the main maps to link my maps in,
        as explained in the README.

I sure wish the Grey Shield maps were included in that fashion.  (Actually,
I wish they were standard--they're better than a good number of the older
maps.)  Does anyone know where they are now?

--PC