[CF-Devel] missing maps, grey shield

Peter Mardahl peterm at alfven.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Apr 9 14:34:35 CDT 2001

Sadly, we can't include maps which were never given to us.

I really, really encourage people to contribute their maps
to us so that they can be included in the main distribution,
even if we don't link them into the standard map set.

There may come a day when someone wants to work with your old
maps....

PeterM

      >PS-Whats the policy for including new mapsets right now or within

      >the stable releases? Mine should prolly be usable some time soon...

      While I have no real say in the matter, it seems that it should be a

      no-brainer to include more mapsets in the main distribution.  What should

      be debated is when they're ready to be linked in to the standard maps.

      For example, if I were to include my maps (which aren't ready by any

      means), I would include:

         /preston/README

              A description of the maps, explanation that they're not linked in, an

              instructions on how to link them in.

         /preston/patch

              A patch file that will update one of the main maps to link my maps in

     ,

              as explained in the README.

      I sure wish the Grey Shield maps were included in that fashion.  (Actually,

      I wish they were standard--they're better than a good number of the older

      maps.)  Does anyone know where they are now?

      --PC

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com