[CF-Devel] Further bugs with regen rates.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon Apr 9 23:31:49 CDT 2001

dnh wrote:

      Another bug has just been noticed and proven (by me this time). If you

      pray over an altar (or indeed if you pray anywhere) your hp regen rate is

      increased. The proof of this is that when you pray, your food goes down at

      an increased rate. I believe somehow praying is affecting more than just

      grace regen. On the same point, praying also seems to speed up sp regen

      although I don't have proof of that.

 There is code intentionally to do this.  Whether it should may be there is a
different question.

 When you pray, (not just over altars), and you are not at max grace, it makes
an extra call to do_some_living.  This is the function for regaining hp and sp
(as well as food consumption).  Is this a big bug, or a nice feature?  I note
meditate basically does the same thing, so if your grace was below half max, it
would speed up your grace also.

 I have a feeling that the calls to do_some_living are in fact in error - but
removing them would reduce the speed of the grace (praying and sp/hp
(meditation) regen that those skills currently do.  the drop may not be big
enough to worry about.