[CF-Devel] Massive problems with crossedit

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.yi.org
Mon Apr 16 13:03:16 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 11:31:47AM +1000, dnh wrote:

      I am getting a crash every 10 mins now. Is anyone getting this? i am using

      the latest debian release and it is happening when I run pngs. I have yet

      to see it happen with xpm's. Is there some way I can provide you with more

      information?

     [snip]

I'm using Debian as well. The problem is with the Xaw libraries AFAIK. Try
linking crossedit *statically* with the Xaw library objects. For me, I
installed the XF4 source and compiled the Xaw subdirectory manually, and
then instead of -lXaw in crossedit's link line, I inserted the object
files from the manually compiled Xaw. Crossedit is very stable for me now.

(If this is too troublesome to you, I can send you the binary. Just ask.)

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely. --
azephrahel