[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 20:13:12 CST 2001

Yeah. I was using version 0.9.4. That is a bit old.
I'm not out in the clear yet. I'm having a problem
compiling 1.0. It goes through ./configure and make
depend fine. When I get to make, it stops while
configuring x11.c or .o with this message:

x11.o: In function `get_root_display':
/home/kenshi/crossfire-client-1.0.0/x11.c(.text+0x70c6):
undefined reference to `init_pngx_loader'

I have png 1.2.0 and gtk 1.2.10 installed. Are these
new enough? Also, I've been having some weird lib
problems lately, though it has only occurred with
Linux binaries so far. I doubt that's related but I
figured I'd throw that out in case. Any clues? Thanks
for the help so far.

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

       Grab the latest sources from:

       and compile.  Or you can also grab it out of CVS.

       It sounds like the version in FreeBSD ports is

      ancient, and I don't think it is

      worth anyones time to try and make it work properly.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com