[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 21:05:30 CST 2001

 png 1.2.0 should be fine.  If it is installed in a non standard location (eg,
not /usr/lib), you need to provide some options to configure so that it finds
it.  I don't remember the exact option, but configure --help should show you all
the options, and the one you need should be pretty obvious.

 Also, I'm not sure how freebsd does its packages, but I know that for linux, in
many cases the developer version of a library is an additional piece you need to
get and install.  crossfire and the client need the developer pieces of png and
gtk to compile and work.

David LeCount wrote:

      Yeah. I was using version 0.9.4. That is a bit old.

      I'm not out in the clear yet. I'm having a problem

      compiling 1.0. It goes through ./configure and make

      depend fine. When I get to make, it stops while

      configuring x11.c or .o with this message:

      x11.o: In function `get_root_display':

      /home/kenshi/crossfire-client-1.0.0/x11.c(.text+0x70c6):

      undefined reference to `init_pngx_loader'

      I have png 1.2.0 and gtk 1.2.10 installed. Are these

      new enough? Also, I've been having some weird lib

      problems lately, though it has only occurred with

      Linux binaries so far. I doubt that's related but I

      figured I'd throw that out in case. Any clues? Thanks

      for the help so far.

      --- Mark Wedel <

      mwedel at sonic.net

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com