[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 11:49:24 CST 2001

Scott: That does make a lot of sense. I can see why it
wouldn't work like it is. I added the line exactly as
you had it. Then it gave me a syntax error in proto.h
before the *. I figured it just wasn't including the
necessary headers for the Display type. So since x11.c
includes client.h, I decided to add some includes to
client.h. Well looking through png.c, I figured the
most likely two includes for the Display type were
X11/Xlib.h and X11/Xutil.h so I put them in there. Now
it's back to the original message of undefined
reference to init_pngx_loader in get_root_display. I
tried putting global before init_pngx_loader in png.c
but still the same. I've removed it so if I really do
need it, let me know. Any more ideas?

Donald: That didn't work for me either. From now on
though, I will try your configure line.

--- Scott Wedel <

     scott at campy.tymnet.com

     > wrote:

      David,

      It compiles fine on my system, but I don't know why

      the compiler doesn't

      complain because init_pngx_loader() is a function in

      png.c that is called

      from x11.c and is not in any header file.  Because

      init_pngx_loader is

      defined in png.c, I don't see how the problem could

      be related to installed

      libraries.

      I would think that the following line should be

      added to the proto.h file:

      extern int init_pngx_loader ( Display *display );

      And technically that the Makefile should include

      png.c among the PROTOSOURCES.

      But you don't want to do that unless you have

      cextract installed on your system.

      								sdw

      snailboy1 at yahoo.com

      >Subject: Re: [CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile"

      in FreeBSD

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

     <mailto:

     crossfire-list-request at lists.real-time.com

     ?subject=help>

      <mailto:

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

     <

     >,

     <mailto:

     crossfire-list-request at lists.real-time.com

     ?subject=subscribe>

      <crossfire-list.lists.real-time.com>

     <

     >,

     <mailto:

     crossfire-list-request at lists.real-time.com

     ?subject=unsubscribe>

     <

     https://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-list/

      >Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:40:55 -0800 (PST)

      >Well the makefile makes no sense to me. I don't see

      >how it works.

      >Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for

      all of

      http://shopping.yahoo.com

      http://auctions.yahoo.com

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com