[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Dec 17 14:08:33 CST 2001

 The configure script should pick up all the necessary configuration
data and generate a working Makefile.  There are ways to hack around
this, but I would generally say that doing so probably won't work because
you have to figure out why the configure script itself is not
picking up the library.

 A thought I just had - remove the config.cache and re-run configure
with the --with-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --with-includes=-I/usr/local/include

 It is possible that the configure script read the cache, discovered
that it had previously not found the png library, and doesn't search
for it again.

 Carefully watch the ouput of configure - in there someplace it will
say checking for -lpng.  If that fails, something is still not right.

Make the following program:

main()
{
}

Call it test.c

run cc test.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpng

 Do you get any errrors?  Its possible you are missing a library
that png depends on (like libz).