[CF-Devel] [crossfire-cvs-admin@lists.sourceforge.net: [Crossfire-cvs] CVS update: client]

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Thu Feb 1 06:50:19 CST 2001

Please give me a more detailed note of your checksum changes mark,
when you are ready with them, so i can put them also in the
dxclient in.

Michael

      Bob Tanner wrote:

      > > Date: Wednesday January 31, 2001 @ 22:31

      > > Author:       cvs

      > > Update of /home/cvs/CVS/client

      > > In directory boltzmann.eecs.berkeley.edu:/tmp/cvs-serv24312

      > Last set of commits on the client?

       For tonight.  But I'm working on some new changes so that the

      client & server

      checksums the image data when the client caches them, and if the clients

      checksum differs from the server, it also requests a new image.

      That will be

      done sometime soon.

       But as I think about this, this creates an interesting scenario.

       Suppose two

      servers - one up to date, the other a bit behind with some older images.

       You connect to the up to date server, and the client updates the relevant

      images.  You then connect to the old server, the checksums

      differ, so it once

      again grabs the images. You now go to the new server again, and

      once again it

      grabs the new images.

       I don't have an elegant solution to that problem.  But presuming

      most of the

      servers you play on are up to date, this should still be better

      than right now

      where you can have really old images sitting around.

       I'll probably also add some option like so that it doesn't

      download the new

      images even if the checksums differ.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com