[CF-Devel] Arch Files: my error / other error

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Thu Feb 15 06:48:00 CST 2001

Hi

Hm, i had given the artist an overview about the CF anim system -
and is wasn't the truth!

Sorry for it, i had a project with very similar naming, where the first 2
digit was for y and y.

In CF we had this:

image-file

name.PDA.png  (like orc.111.png)

	where
		P - part number
		D - direction (or any other instance coding in)
		A - animation phase

numbering, PDA
	- 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,...,Z (not case sensitive)
	- alphanumerics

Part numbers (so, the first 2 numbers are not x and y position)

Part numbers
	3x3
		1 2 3
		4 5 6
		7 8 9
	2x2
		1 2
		3 4
	3x2
		1 2 3
		4 5 6
	2x3
		1 2
		3 4
		5 6
codings:
	direction:

		8  1  2
		 \ | /
		7- 0 -3
		 / | \
		6  5  4

	- same as in crossfire

There are more complex for wall etc, but iam not sure, the arches
really follow them - most i not needed i think.

Well, this brings me to some Questions.

1.) Player Animations

I never love thats our player chars only has 4 directions (1,3,5,7) but  we
ever
walk in 8.

Is it a big change to change them to 8 directions? In the code?

2.) Monsters

I worked through the arches and i saw, that no monster is direction
sensitive.

Mean, we have monster looking left and right (dragons for example), but
thats only
animations like moving arms or so.

Is it possible to add real directions to them? Or is it in the code?

Means, when a monster go/attack to left, play left animations. If they walk
to a
different direction, only play animations with name.xPx  .

3.) False included Arches

Because there is no real monster direction in yet, there are some false
included arches
like the raas. The raas is include as raas.131.png and raas.171.png what
means that in the
old animation the raas looks left and right. In the new ones the raas lift
arms.

So, following our namings it must be raas.111.png and raas.112.png instead.

Michael

Michael