[CF-Devel] new graphics

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 15 20:46:16 CST 2001

I just wanted to ask: Shall I start inserting the new graphics
from Mitsuhiro and Marten into PNG set on cvs?
Note that these pics will make our set a bit more inconsistent.
Mainly because the new ones look so much more "professional" than
the ones we currently have.
There's also this little problem with prespective-"violation".
But I think that is rather harmless: Most roguelikes seem to use
a mix of different perspectives for walls/monsters, and we also
did this in the xpm set. For example, replacing the remaining
scaled-up monsters can hardly be a mistake...

Making instant use of the new tiles might also make the artists
happy. Showing them that we really care about their work.
Overall I believe using the new stuff would be an improvement
to the set.

What do you think?

Andreas V.

PS.: Here again the sites where you can look at the new images:
<

     http://tavern.santa-clara.ca.us/cf/

<

     http://w1.271.telia.com/~u27102957/index2.html