[CF-Devel] 3 things

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 16 22:36:45 CST 2001

dnh wrote:

      Firstly, I am not sure Karate is actually working. When I attack with a

      monk, the damage changes quite dramtically (a fairly hack character with

      maxed everything). Before i hit its up about 260 damage, while im hitting

      it goes down to 100 and once I stop hitting it goes back to 260. I don't

      think this is correct.

 I'm unclear by what you mean damage - do you mean hp, and what are you
attacking?

 Monsters, just like players, do regen hp, so if you don't attack something, it
will heal itself up.

      Secondly, is a feature that you cannot cast walls while under the effect

      of sanctuary? The second you cast the wall, your sanctuary destroys it.

 Dunno.

      Thirdly, The monks meditation is completely useless at high levels. The sp

      regens twice as fast as meditation. This of course could be a feature.

 Meditation should probably adjust sp/hp regain rate based on the characters.  I
notice the code lets do_some_living do the adjustment, so if you have magical
adjustments, those will add with the meditation, but looking at do_some_living,
that doesn't really appear to be the case (since the meditation basically
pre-empts the processing and says 'regain a sp right now' - if you were going to
regain one on that tick anyways, it doesn't help out much (you do get one bonus
point, but as said, that can be pretty meaningless at high levels).

 OTOH, usefulness of skills varies at different levels - the id item skills are
always useful, but probably more useful at lower levels where saving a lot of
money/sp id'ing stuff is relatively useful - at high levels, it probably makes
no real difference as the money or sp savings isn't as big a deal.