[CF-Devel] Map tiling code checked in.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Jul 14 00:55:06 CDT 2001

 I've checked in code that does automatic map tiling.  Much more changed than
just the addition of map tiling.

 There are some sample maps I made to test it out.  They are link back to the
main city, but I did not check city map that links to them.  Following is the
necessary link:

arch house_2
name map tiling demo
slaying /test/tile1
hp 7
sp 13
x 27
y 16
end

 There are some areas which almost certainly need to be improved on with the
tiling code.  At minimum, the monster logic probably won't work really well
(monsters on a tiled map won't know about the player on the next tiled map over,
and so will probably just stand around and do nothing).  But I have done some
testing, and at least with non tiled maps (which is currently everything but the
sample maps), the code should hopefully be no less stable and have no more bugs
than the old code did.

 the java editor certainly needs to be modified to know about the new map
fields.  crossedit knows about them, and will preserve the values, but have no
way to modify them (for my sample maps, I created them in crossedit, but put in
the tiling information by hand).