[CF-Devel] Map tiling code checked in.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun Jul 15 23:42:42 CDT 2001

Scott MacFiggen wrote:

      On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 10:55:06PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      >  I've checked in code that does automatic map tiling.  Much more changed than

      > just the addition of map tiling.

      The lastest CVS image seems to have problems getting face information

      to the clients. If I run around long enough in the undead church

      for example, the clients core because they are accessing NULL image

      data since I guess it was never sent to the client.

      And using the -cache option is quite interesting...

 I found a bug that I've just fixed that would happen if you were using the
smaller map size (11x11).

 I haven't seen any problems with the larger maps.  The map transmission code
for the most part is completely unchanged (if you do a diff, you will see that
very little has changed for map tiling).  If the change I just checked in for
darkness doesn't fix the problem, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

      I also noticed this message on server startup:

        Reading archetypes from ../lib//archetypes...

        arch-pass 1...Unrecognized string: resist_paralysis 100

        Unrecognized string: resist_paralysis 100

 This is an archetype problem in the Greater Demon and the Demon Lord.  wrong
name was used for the variable they were trying to enter (my guess is
resist_paralyze)