[CF List] Too stupid...

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Wed Jul 4 06:47:21 CDT 2001

       > * Never be happy with armor or weapons that are simply +x.  Instead,

       > look for artifacts!  Those help you *much* more.

       > * If you're running low on money, sell EVERYTHING you come across.  Get

       > to know certain areas that are good for lots of plat.

       > * Take the time to replay certain quests so that you can get the XP and

       > the plat.

       > * If you're stuck somewhere, find another player who is willing to

       > help.  For example, on my server, a number of us split the cost of a

       > house in Stoneville to pool our resources.  That way when the wraith

       > mage found a Warrior's Helmet it helped my half-ork fighter, and when I

       > found a Ring of Adamant I gave it to the wraith.  You can also tag team

       > high XP areas and work together.

      You might also be lucky enough to find some generous soul who will

      give you an appropriate artifact when you're starting out, or create a

      party with you so you can gain some levels where you're lacking.  If

      someone does this for you, remember it when you replay those quests

      and start getting duplicate artifacts so that you can help the next

      guy.

Damn you to encourage people to play like that. This kind of behavior has lead
to that all good artifacts have been downsized and made useless (like white
dragon scale mail) because people keep giving them to newbies. If you get gift
artifacts you never learn to get them yorself and never learn to play the game.
I encourage people not to accept any gift artifacts, since they make the people
lazy on learning the real tricks and methods required to play the game. I
myself have played over 10 chars from beginning to level 110 in various servers
and never too any gift artifacts because its lame. money is ok to give and also
items that can be found from scorn but anything greater of that really spoils
the game.

For the game it is better to show the quest through where you can obtain the
artifact than to give it as a gift. I am really disappointed to see people
wearing tons of stuff and when you ask them which quest item is that and that
artifact, they just dont know, someone gave it to them...

       > * This sounds stupid, but it helped me - find certain areas where you

       > can get XP easily and just try to hit them regularly.  For example, if

       > you get a weapon that does anything other than physical damage (such as

       > weaponmagic or electricity) I use it to kill every city guard and royal

       > guard I come across.  That adds up, after all.  I also use areas like

       > the beginning of raffle2 to boost up magic XP - I'd go down there with

       > some potions of magic, lob off a few fireballs, recharge, lob off a few

       > more, and eventually wrack up some good XP.

      A list of these places might be a good idea.  The giant floor of

      raffle1 is excellent for gaining physical, magic, and wisdom (if

      you're a Mostrai devotee) exp.  See the above note about switching

      between "modes" easily.  When I was starting out I would launch

      fireballs into the giants until out of mana, then switch to holy word

      of Mostrai while I was recharging.  When that got boring I would move

      (a little way) into the room for some phys.

      Be careful that you don't become a "point monger", though.  I see many

      players who become so entranced with watching their exp rack up that

      this is all they do.  It's very important to get "real" experience by

      exploring and trying some of the quests.  I'd rather have a sensible,

      balanced, and experienced level 10-15 character of any class along

      with me on the Titans Quest or Warrior Tower ordeal that a level 30

      character who spends hours mechanically racking up exp in the raffles.

       > If you'd like a preliminary copy of the spoilers for Scorn, let me know.

      Yes, please...

      -Andy (Beleg)

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com