[CF List] race, profession, guild & titles

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Fri Jul 13 14:41:07 CDT 2001

      You start then as "non profession" (or adventurer, but i don't like this

      name).

      After to join a guild, you are then a "black warrior", "priest of gorokh"

      (instead of

      only a follower of gorokh when you join his religion), "paladin of crown"

      "archmages of bla"

      and so on.

I really liked the guild system in Omega. Every player can choose the guilds to
join and then get the guild quests to advance in the guild and when you get
better status on guild you are given better bonuses.

      Different guilds can provide different status, spells, skills. etc. etc.

      This concept is very often used by muds and even helps in single as in multi

      player

      gaming.

      Nice is, that you can build of a tree system of guilds. Means you must be a

      "warrior" of level 25

      or higher and you must bring a demonslayer sword (means solved demon tower

      quest) to join the

      "paladin of light" guild. And so on. Other guilds can only be entered at the

      ends of other quests.

      Imagine the guildmaster of guild at the end of the ancient pupland quest...

      guilds don't must be so different, is fun enough to run around as "XXX the

      paladin of light".

      This bring me to titles. I prefer to delete the title change cmd for

      players. So, players only

      get "real" titles in the game. Means a Lord then is really a lord and so on

      = "Lord xxx the paladin of light". Don't underestimate this, it gives

      playing a real nice note.

      Guild then often comes with a message board, etc. etc.

      Things like (player)guildmaster, etc. is part of the cummunity, apart of the

      technical parts.

The title system in Omega works well also. You have different titles for guilds
and it really makes the playing interesting since you can almost never achieve
the perfect char. Either you consentrate on one guild and become the master of
that guild or you join different ones and end up beeing mediocre on each (or
perhaps the champion of all after years and years of playing).

One problem in crossfire nowadays is that you can so easily get to 110 level and
have the three most important skills >100 and it only takes a few months of
play. After that you tend to loose interest, start another char or go play
something else. I think that a mud (such as crossfire) should provide years and
years or achieving and improving for the real addicts (like me ;)

Kimmo Hoikka

     Kimmo at Hoikka.com