[CF List] race, profession, guild & titles

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Sat Jul 14 00:46:26 CDT 2001

       OTOH, if you come to the conclusion that you should generally be able to get

      one level a day with reasonable amount of playing, that then means it would take

      110 takes to get to level 110, that is roughly 4 months.  I'm really not sure

      what a reasonable pace is.  Certainly, the max level could be increased, but I'm

      not positive if that is a good idea (if the effects per level gained are pretty

      good, in then may mean everything becomes a cakewalk, so the complaint then

      becomes everything is too easy.  If you don't really get anything per level

      gained, then whats really the point?  I'm also worried that increasing max level

      won't really fix the problem - make it 200, and then someone will make a level

      150 map which player can gets lots of exp, and then get to level 200 quickly).

       Plus IMO I would much rather have map developement more concentrated at the

      lower levels  so that there is more variety for the lower level characters.  IMO

      it will probably take new players many attempts before they manage to get high

      level, so they may end up playing level 1-20 characters (or be in that range) a

      very long time, so giving plenty of options in that range would be better than

      plenty of options in the 50-100 range which few people are probably at.

I think that the level requirement curve should keep closer to exponential (as it is
in beginning) than linear like it is in the end. In the beginning you really have to
struggle to get a level, in the end you get 5-10 levels from a single quest if you do
your own level quests. It is better to have almost unreachable level 110 (or whatever
be the maximum) than to have several players ending up level 110 and loose practically
all means to gain exp (after 107 you stop gaining exp on that skill). I know exp is
not the main point of the game, but I just hate games where you too easily bang into
the limits. I remember starting to play crossfire a few years ago and having fun at
the beginning, making a level every now and then (level<50) and then all of a sudden
beeing level 110 before noticing.

Kimmo Hoikka

     Kimmo at Hoikka.com